Mark Jarvis Ltd., Privacy and Data Policy
Right to be informed
We take our data protection obligations seriously. You have a right to be informed about how your data will
If you would like to speak to us about any matter concerning data protection and the use of your data,
please get in touch with us in any of the following ways:
By calling: 0116 2617000
Through this website
- Using our website
- Supplying products or services to us
- Email communication
- Telephone calls
- Postal communications
- Social media engagement
Data we may process
Mark Jarvis may collect and process the following categories of data:
- Contact details including first name, last name and email
- Company data
- Information generated by visiting our website or engaging with us on social media
- IP addresses, social usernames
- Non-personal identification information, including browser, device type and the ways in which Users visit our Site and related information.
Legitimate Business Interests and GDPR
Recital 47 of the GDPR allows for the processing of personal information for our legitimate business interests in terms of direct marketing. “Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to offer digital marketing services. When we process personal information based on legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We may process your data or communicate with you to:
- Respond to an enquiry or request Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests. We will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you.
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected
for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. When the purposes for which we have collected the data for have ended we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. You have the right to:
- Obtain access to your personal information
- Withdraw consent
- Ask us to correct any errors or delete the information we hold
- Object or restrict our processing of your information
International Transfer of Data
Mark Jarvis may send your data outside the European Economic Area (the European Economic Area being the European Union and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, also referred to as the "EEA". Where your personal data are transferred or accessed outside of the EEA, we require that appropriate safeguards are in place.
This document was last updated on May 25, 2018